Sheila Dikshit was born on the 31 March 1938, and live life till 20 July 2019 as Indian politician. Sheila Dikshit was a great and visionary senior leader of congress. She was the 03 times Chief Minister of Delhi and senior Congress leader. Sheila Dikshit always has been an encounter for her tremendous work and devoted work to develop Delhi as chief minister, she served as Delhi’s chief minister for 15 years from 1998 to 2013.
she has victory record to led congress party 03 times in Delhi, She was also very close to UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi. IN December 2013 elections, she was defeated to the Delhi Legislative Assembly by the by Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal, who replaced her as Delhi’s chief minister.
Unfortunately, Sheila Dikshit is now no more with us. She died on Saturday in New Delhi. She was the age of 81 years old when she died in 2019. When she was in critical condition with health, she was admitted to a city hospital at around 10.30 am on 20-07-2019. Dr Ashok Seth, director, Escorts Fortis said Sheila Dikshit has suffered a cardiac arrest. All doctor was tried the best, she was shifted on the ventilator. But at 3:55 pm, she passed away peacefully,” she died in City Hospital, this news was reported out through ANI news.
Sheela Dikhist Wiki/ Biography
Sheila Dikshit was born on March 31, 1938, in Kapurthala, Punjab. She was the Indian Politician, Chief Minister & Governor. Sheela Dikshit was the age of 81 years, 3 months & 20 days old when she died. She was a married leader, she was married to the son of a union cabinet minister in the Indira Gandhi government named “Late Uma Shankar Dikshit, her father-in-law”. See the below whole short biography of Sheila Dikshit in table
|Party||Indian National Congress (INC)|
|Date of Birth||31-Mar-38|
|Date of Death||20-Jul-19|
|Age (at the time of death)||81 Years|
|Birthplace||Kapurthala, Punjab, India|
|Address||1st Floor B-2 Nizamuddin East, New Delhi 110013|
|Place of Death||Fortis Escorts Hospital, New Delhi|
|Death Cause||Cardiac arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat) and other age-related ailments|
|School||Convent of Jesus and Mary School, New Delhi|
|College/University||Miranda House, University of Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||MA (History) From the University of Delhi in 1959|
|Family||Father- Not Known|
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Pam Malhotra and Rama Dhawan
|Height||in centimeters- 149 cm|
|in meters- 1.49 m|
|in Feet Inches- 4’ 11”|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 68 kg|
|in Pounds- 150 lbs|
|Hobbies||Reading, Listening to Music|
|Favourite Politician||Sonia Gandhi|
|Favourite Food||Egg toast, cheese, papaya, aloo gobhi, pasta and cold coffee|
|Favourite Actor||Gregory Peck and Rock Hudson|
|Favourite Book||Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll|
|Husband||Late Vinod Dikshit (former IAS)|
|Children||Son- Sandeep Dikshit (Congress Politician)|
Daughters- Latika Syed
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 5 Crore (as in 2019)|
Sheila Dikshit basically belonged to Punjab, India. But she grew up in the New Delhi, she has completed her schooling from the Convent of Jesus and Mary School, New Delhi. Then she attended the Miranda House College of the University of Delhi to complete her master education in History. She was also the holder of Doctorate Degree, she has completed the Doctor of Philosophy from the University of Delhi.
Family (Husband, Son & Daughter )
She was married with an IAS officer, whose name is Late Vinod Dixit. Her husband worked for Indian Administrative Services (IAS) as an IAS officer, He died due to a heart attack in a train journey with his wife and children. She lived a happy married life, she has a son named Sandeep Dikshit, and one daughter named Latika Syed. Her son Sandeep Dikshit is also a politician, he is a member of the Indian National Congress. He was also the member of Parliament (MP) in the 15th Lok Sabha of India.
Sheila Dikshit Political Career and Controversies
Sheila Dikshit was a renowned politician, who has achieved numerous awards and outstanding people love for her work. She rides Delhi towards development as Chief Minister 03 Times during (31 March 1938 – 20 July 2019).
Professional entry Journey
Her political journey came from a surprisingly. She becomes a politician Accidentally. She was married to Late Uma Shankar Dikshit, he was her father-in-law. He was a well-known social activist in India’s independence struggle. After India Independence, he was selected union cabinet minister in the Indira Gandhi government.
Correspondingly, Sheela was helping her father in law in their work. She used to give the solution a lot while he was serving in this position. Those all the determination and Indian delegation skill had been acknowledged by the former Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. Then she was offered to serve India as Indian delegate of the United Nations Commission on the issue of the status of women.
This initiate had been noticed in Indian politics, from this peak point, she provokes herself to led India as leader and politician, which made her Indian chief minister of Delhi.
- In the early 1970s, she was selected as chairperson of the Young Women’s Association and was gained the popularity of setting up two of the most successful hostels for working women in Delhi.
- Between 1984 and 1989, she represented Kannauj parliamentary constituency of Uttar Pradesh.
- Between 1984–1989, She also served India at United Nations Commission on Status of Women for five years.
- During 1986–1989, she served as a Union Minister during 1986–1989, she first appointed as the minister of state for Parliamentary Affairs and then later she became as a minister of state in the Prime Minister’s Office.
- IN 1998, Sheela Dikshit became Chief Minister of Delhi, She served for nearly 15 years as the chief minister of Delhi until 2013. (1998: Win the Election and Became the Chief Minister of Delhi. 2003: Again win the election and became the Chief Minister of Delhi.2008: foremost Became the Chief Minister of Delhi for the third time.)
- On 8 December in 2013: Sheela Dikshit Lost the Delhi Assembly Elections, then she decided to give resign, then she resigned as the Chief Minister of Delhi.
- In 2014: In March, Again she was appointed as the Governor of Kerala, but was forced to resign five months later.
- IN 2019: She was fighting for the Legislative election against candidate Manoj Tiwari, but Lost the Lok Sabha Elections to BJP’s Manoj Tiwari by 366102 votes from the North East Delhi Constituency.
- In 2009, She was counter for the worn uses of funds sanctioned by the central government for Rajiv Ratan Awas Yojana for personal advertisements. Which later in 2013, she was pointed as guilty by the court to do this, FIR was lodged against her.
- Again in 2009, she has been criticized for granting parole to Manu Sharma (Manu Sharma was blamed for murdering Jessica Lal.).
- After a year in 2010, she was accused by the CAG (Comptroller and Auditor General) to done corruption with street-light equipment that was passed by the government to set up in the city during the Commonwealth Games that year.
- In 2016, the ACB summoned her on 26 August, in case of Water Tanker Distribution scam, that has happened during the third official work as the position of Chief Minister of Delhi
Sheila Dikshit Networth
She has total Networth approx 05 crore
- Best Chief Minister in 2008 by Journalist Association of India
- Politician of the Year Award in 2009 by NDTV
- Delhi Women of the Decade Achievers Awards in 2013 by Assocham